By the time to reach this stage you should have an idea of how much you want to invest and more or less have the finance organized. If you require help with this aspect please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01322 660988
Casa Travella can send you many details about properties, but nothing is like going to view and seeing the area. So let us give you some advice on how we think you should proceed:
1. Look on our web site and then e mail or phone for a chat. E mail is a good way to establish the first contact but there is nothing like speaking to someone to make sure we understand exactly what type of property you are looking for. If you cannot access the site then phone and we will post details to you. There will nearly always be other properties to view as well the ones you have seen on the site. So don’t assume that the properties on the site are the only ones we have for sale.
2. Let us know when you are thinking of viewing so that we can check that our people in the area are able to allocate as much time as necessary for your trip. Linda Travella will personally be present at some of the viewing trips but cannot be available for all.
3. Remember Sunday is not normally a viewing day and try to avoid the week in which the 15th August falls, as it is a National holiday in Italy. Many places are often closed after Christmas and until the New Year, so check with us before booking your trip.
4. Don’t try to cram in too many appointments as it is counter productive, if you are viewing larger properties it will take time to look round properly.
5. Try to keep an open mind with regard to the type of property that you say you would like to see. On many occasions people have told us that they are only interested in an older property only to purchase a new one and vice versa!
6. If you see a property that you like, leave enough time to go and view for a second time.
7. If you are buying with a partner it is better for you to both go and view. In 25 years only on three occasions has someone purchased without his or her partner seeing the property first
8. When we arrange an appointment for you with our local associates in the area you will normally see 3/5 properties in a morning and the same in the afternoon. This is assuming you start your appointment at 9 30 or 10 in the morning and 2 30 or 3 in the afternoon. If you are viewing larger villas or properties that are quite a distance apart the quantity of properties you view may decrease.
9. Don’t assume that you will not find a property on your first trip, as you sometimes you will!
10. If you go and view in an area and decide it is not for you don’t hesitate to let us know and we can discuss a more suitable area with you and organise another trip to suit your needs.